There are so many ways to have fun. And as you get older, your life habits changes, and so does the way you travel. What is unique about amusement parks is that they are a great way to have fun, regardless of your age and your interests. People love spending time in amusement parks. The number of activities and their diversity ensures you have a great time regardless of how old you are. So, if you are traveling with your family, this is probably the place for all of you to spend a fantastic day in Madrid.
Here are some of the most popular amusement parks in Madrid, what they have to offer and when you can visit them.
Parque de Atracciones
Perhaps the most famous amusement park in Madrid, Parque de Atracciones is a wonderful day to spend a day in Madrid with your family. From extreme to family-friendly activities, with so many attractions, cartoon-inspired sets, and shows, you are bound to have fun. The only thing you need is to choose what you want to see and plan your visit accordingly. Park attractions are divided into several groups:
Extreme – If you are up for a more demanding and exciting adventure, with spectacular rollercoasters and the thrill of height, you will love activities such as La Lanzadera, Vertigo, Tifón, etc. Obviously, these activities are not for small kids.
Exciting - This group of activities consists of exciting rides. Unlike the previous group where height has a major role in the whole excitement thing, this group is all about rides. Los Fiordos, Los Rápidos, are some of the water rides that are an ideal group activity.
Family – These activities are for the entire family and include a variety of things to do in the park, starting from Tiovivo, the carousel, to Zeppelin ride, and even a theme trip by boat, La Jungla.
Nickelodeon Land – Finally, no trip with the kiddos is complete unless they get to meet their favorite cartoon characters. These rides are designed for kids and inspired by the activities and settings of the popular children shows, such as Dora the Explorer, street ride with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc. Nickelodeon Express is the train taking you through the entire journey of exploring the world of cartoons.
Here is some useful information about the park that will help you with planning:
- Location: Casa de Campo s/n, 28011 Madrid, Spain
- Getting there: If you use public transport, you should take bus lines 33 or 65 to get to the park. If metro is your choice, then you will need to take line 10.
- Opening times: During winter, the park is usually open on weekends form 12 pm to 7 pm. Also, some attractions may be closed during the winter time. This is why it is best to consult their online schedule when planning the visit. The schedule shows the activities for the upcoming 60 days. You can also buy the tickets online.
Parque Warner Madrid
Inspired by Hollywood, Parque Warner brings the most popular cartoon characters and exciting attractions in the vicinity of Madrid. Attractions are divided into three groups:
Mild – Cinema torus, Scooby-Doo adventure, carousels, and many others are attraction suitable for younger children as well. These are the activities in which the entire family can enjoy.
Moderate – If you are up for more excitement, activities such as haunted hotel, Yogui and Bubu bear park, Gotham City, waterfalls, and many other activities can be a perfect choice. Other characters you can see her include Tom and Jerry, and family roller coaster with Coyote and Road Runner.
Intense – No amusement park is complete without rides and roller coasters which combine the excitement of speed and height. Revenge of ENIGMA is the highest attraction in Europe. Then there is the Coaster Express, the longest and the tallest wooden roller coaster in Europe. Batman and Superman rides, along with Stunt Fall, are all the rides that will take your breath away.
This amusement park also has wonderful theme areas, inspired by Hollywood and movie world. You will be able to visit Hollywood Boulevard, Super Heroes World, Old West Territory, Cartoon Village, and Movie World Studios.
When planning your visit, here are helpful things to have in mind:
- Location: Highway A-4, exit 22, 28330 San Martín de la Vega, Madrid
- Opening times: The park is usually open on weekends and during the public holidays when most people have days off work. It opens at 11:30 while the closing time differs based on the season and time of the year. The best way to plan the time and dates is to check the online schedule which is updated regularly.
Here is an amusement park that combines leisure and educational activities. It includes an indoor space which represents a city where children can have fun and learn at the same time. It is made to replicate a real city enabling the kids to explore the area. They can also take part by performing activities and trying out different occupations. Besides learning about city life, children also get to learn about teamwork and cooperation through activities with other children. Having in mind that it is an indoor city, it is perfect to visit it regardless of the time of the year.
Activities in Micropolix are divided into groups based on the child’s age and some of those include:
MicroTV – If your child would like to try working as a TV host, a cameraman or in an audiovisual team of a TV station, here is the perfect activity to try.
Fire tower – A lot of kids love playing with fire trucks, but only the guests of Micropolix will have the chance to actually try out how it looks like to be a fireman, to learn how to use safety equipment and work in a team.
Aviation school – Giving your kids an opportunity to try to fly a plane is definitely going to be an exciting adventure for them. The roles they can play within this activity include being a pilot, co-pilot, flight attendant, and passenger.
Road network – The best way to learn is through playing. The road network allows children to learn about traffic and how driving exam looks like. There is an area for them to drive a mini car, pay attention to traffic lights and signs.
Dance Academy – If your child loves dancing, here is a dance school for them to show off their talent. They take up the role of dancers and get to try different dance styles.
Other activities include dubbing study, theatre, glass recycling, town hall, microcircuit, cruise, supermarket, newspapers, hospital, bank, etc. All the kids have a dream of what they want to be when they grow up, so this could be an excellent opportunity to allow them to try these jobs.
Parents can also take part in some of the activities, including quadventure, magic close-up, dance exhibitions, or they can enjoy the tour of the city.
Here are the things to consider when planning to visit Micropolix:
- Location: Calle Salvador de Madariaga, S/N, 28702 San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid
- How to get there: When using public transport, take the metro line 10, or buses line 152 C, 103, 161, 166, 171, 181, 185.
- Opening hours: Weekends and Fridays are usually reserved for the general public, and anyone can visit the venue during the opening times. The rest of the week is usually reserved for pre-booked visits. When you determine your dates for visit, check the online schedule to confirm the hours, as sometimes the venue is open the entire day, and sometimes only for a particular part of the day.
Diversion en la Granja
While not as big as the other amusement parks mentioned here, it is also worth to mention Diversion en la Granja, as an excellent outdoor park for kids and entire families. The attractions include a mining train, mini formula, mini express, flying puppies, Noria, and Children’s farm.
- Location: Torrejón de Ardoz (Madrid)
- Opening hours: Changeable during the year so it is best to check the website before planning the visit.
If you want 365 days of snow, and you enjoy winter activities, check out Madrid’s SnowZone. It is an indoor venue where you can snowboard, ski, go sleighing, and enjoy the winter wonderland any day of the year. The main track is 250 meters long and 55 meters wide. There is a ski lift, lower slopes as well as tracks for those who are still learning. You can even try the world’s largest indoor zip-line with a track 200 meters long with an approximate speed of 50 km/h. All of these make this amusement park a very exciting place to visit with lots of exciting activities to do.
- Location: Autovía de Extremadura (A-5) salidas 22 y 25. Centro Comercial Madrid Xanadú, Calle del Puerto de Navacerrada, s/n, 28939 Arroyomolinos, Madrid
- How to get there: Bus lines 528, 534 and 539 from Madrid (Príncipe Pío Station) take you to the Centro Comercial Madrid Xanadú.
- Opening hours: The venue is open every day of the year from 10 am (9 am on weekends) and until 10 pm (11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays). If you are interested in taking lessons at the School of Madrid SnowZone, or if you are interested in activities such as glacier mini golf and zip-line, have in mind that those activities may have a different schedule and may not be open the entire time during which the actual venue is open. Always make sure you check the schedule of the activities on the official website.
Parque de Europa
Replicas of famous landmarks create a unique scenery of this park. You can visit all of the most important European landmarks from the London Bridge to the Plaza Mayor in Madrid. Monuments in the park include The Eiffel Tower, Fontana di Trevi, Little Mermaid, the Plaza de España, Puerta del Alcalá, Brandenburg Gate, etc.
The park also offers numerous activities, which are especially perfect for families and groups of people. Boat rides in the park, boats for children, zip-lining, archery, horse riding, children train, ice rink, and bike riding are some of the activities you can find in the park.
- Location: Calle Cañada, s/n, 28850 Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid, Spain
- Getting there: The circular bus line of Torrejón de Ardoz L1 stops at the roundabout at the entrance to the park.
- Opening hours: The venue is open from 9 am during the year and the closing time differs based on the time of the year. This is why it is advisable to check the schedule on the website before planning the visit.
Regardless of which theme park you choose to visit, you will certainly enjoy your time in Madrid spend in any of these locations.